Online Account Information FAQs
- Am I on the correct website to service my TruStage or CMFG Life Insurance policy?
- Yes. TruStage is part of the CUNA Mutual Group family of brands. TruStage insurance is issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company.
- Can I edit my username?
- For your security, usernames cannot be changed.
- How do I change the name on my account and/or my policy?
Names on policies or your online service account cannot be changed online. Please call for assistance with all name changes.
- How do I update my personal information on my policy and/or my account?
Go to the Personal Information page to review the details that you can update online. To update any other information on your policy, please call us.
- Is my information secure?
Yes. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) whenever information is sent to us on the web. TLS is one of the safest ways to send information on the web today. We also encrypt, or “hide”, any private information when we store it on our systems.
- What can I do with my online service account?
Creating an online service account lets you manage some features of your policy online. You can:
• Make and schedule payments
• View and download a policy summary
• Update beneficiaries
• Update phone, address and email
• Reactivate a lapsed policy
Click here to: Create Your Account
- What information do I need to create an account?
To create an account, you'll need:
- Your name as it appears on your policy
- Your ZIP Code
- Your date of birth
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- Your policy/certificate number (if known)
In some cases, we may need your address and phone number.
- What types of policies can I create an account for?
- You can create an account for many of our life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance and annuity products. If they are no longer active, you may not be able to view them online.
- Who are TruStage, CMFG Life Insurance Company and CUNA Mutual Group?
- TruStage is part of the CUNA Mutual Group family of brands. TruStage insurance is issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company. Since 1935, CUNA Mutual Group has provided insurance and investment products and programs to credit union members and other hardworking families.
- Who can create an account?
- You must be the policy owner to create an account.
- Why can't I service all of my policies online?
- Not all policies are available for online service. If you would like details about a policy you cannot access here please contact us.
- Why can't I use a previous password?
- For your security, you cannot use any of your three previous passwords.
- Why do I get a message that my username or email address is not unique?
- You may already have an account or that username/email address are unavailable. If you think you already have an account, sign in or use the "Forgot username or password?" link on the My Account page to recover your information.
- Why do I have to consent to Electronic Delivery?
- Your consent to Electronic Delivery gives you the ability to conduct certain transactions online today. As we enhance our online capabilities, this consent will also give you the option of receiving and signing certain documents electronically.
- Why doesn't my Sign-In work?
- If you haven’t signed in to online service since May 2015, you may need to create a new online account: Create Your Account. If you need help creating your new online account, please call us for assistance.
- Why don't I see my policy (or policies) here?
This may be because you have a type of policy we don't service online. Or, in some cases, you may have purchased a policy AFTER you created your online service account, in which case you would need to go to Account Overview and click Find Another Policy. In other cases, you may not see your policy because it is not active.
- Why is my personal information required?
- Personal information such as your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number are needed as a security measure to verify your identity and to find your policy.
- Will agreeing to Electronic Delivery change all my statements to email?
- No. If you currently receive statements or other correspondence in the mail, that will continue. Electronic Delivery simply gives you the ability to conduct certain transactions online. In the future, if we offer options to switch from paper statements or correspondence to electronic delivery, you will be asked for your preferences.