If the death resulted from one of the accidents shown below, please provide the additional documents we need to settle the claim. You must also send a copy of a certified death certificate, showing the date of death and cause of death.
Accident resulted from:
Motor Vehicle Accident - Please send the Police Report and the Blood Alcohol Report if the insured was the driver.
Fall - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report or the Attending Physician’s Statement.
Prescription Overdose - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report and a list of prescriptions from a doctor or pharmacist.
Homicide - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report.
How long will it take for me to receive the death benefit settlement after you receive all the information?
It normally takes 3-5 business days to process a claim. A letter, a statement of values and the settlement check are sent out through regular mail.
What does the beneficiary need to provide to CMFG Life Insurance Company upon settlement of the claim?
1) Copy of certified death certificate
2) If the death resulted from one of the accidents shown below, please provide the additional documents we need to settle the claim.
Accident resulted from:
• Motor Vehicle Accident - Please send the Police Report and the Blood Alcohol Report if the insured was the driver.
• Fall - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report or the Attending Physician’s Statement.
• Prescription Overdose - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report and a list of prescriptions from a doctor or pharmacist.
• Homicide - Please send the Police/Accident/Incident Report.
Why do you need more than a copy of the certified death certificate to settle the claim? The death certificate verifies the cause and manner of death. The additional information verifies the accident, when it happened, how it happened and who was involved.
What is Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance?
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, also called "AD&D", is insurance coverage that pays a cash benefit in the event of a covered injury or death due to an accident.
What is the difference between life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance?
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance only pays a benefit as the direct result of an accident. Life insurance pays no matter how a death occurs.
What types of coverage are available?
You can choose single coverage or family coverage. Single coverage applies only to you. Family coverage protects you, your spouse and your dependent (or handicapped) children. Your spouse will be insured at 50% of the coverage level you choose. Dependent and handicapped children will be covered for 20%. Family coverage also includes additional benefits for child care and college education, as well as a child savings fund benefit. (Exact benefit features may vary by state.)
Where can I view and/or update my beneficiary?
To confirm your beneficiary:
• Please call us for current beneficiary information.
• In some cases, your beneficiary information can be viewed in the Beneficiaries link on the Account Overview or Policy Details pages.
To update your beneficiary:
• If your policy allows a beneficiary to be updated online, that option will be provided to you in the Beneficiaries link on the Account Overview or Policy Details pages.
• You may also download and print the Change of Beneficiary Request Form.
• When complete, return the form by mail or fax.
Where do I mail or fax my claim documents?
CMFG Life Insurance Company
2000 Heritage Way
Waverly, IA 50677-9202
Fax Number: 1-608-236-8030
Who can notify CMFG Life Insurance Company of a death?
Anyone can notify us of a death. However, only the named beneficiary(ies) can submit the necessary documentation or evidence to settle the claim.
Why is my complimentary coverage amount of AD&D insurance showing $0.00?
Your AD&D coverage amount may show $0.00 because your credit union no longer offers this benefit, or you are no longer a member of that credit union. In some cases, complimentary coverage can expire.
Protecting more than 18 million credit union members
Since 1935, the CUNA Mutual Group family of brands has provided products and programs to enhance the financial security of credit union members. Today, we're privileged and proud to help protect members like you.
Your session is about to expire due to inactivity. Do you want to continue?
You are using a version of Internet Explorer which we no longer support.
Unsupported browsers can put your security at risk, may run much slower, and some features may not work correctly.